Content is the key to offering value and engaging your users and customers.
However, nowadays, businesses need to go the extra mile to grab attention and maximize conversion rates.
Shoppable content like interactive images and video provides users with the opportunity to purchase directly from you via social or your native content marketing like your blog:
With shoppable content, users can add products to their cart while viewing your social media page or a video on YouTube.
The goal with interactive content is allow your prospective customers to purchase in fewer steps, cutting down the customer journey drastically.
They should be able to hit ‘buy’ the moment they see something they like. Interactive content makes that possible.
Here are some interactive marketing statistics you need to see to believe the power of interactive and shoppable content in 2021.
Interactive marketing statistics that can’t be ignored in 2021
In a survey, 81% of respondents said that interactive content is more effective than static content.
Whether it be an engaging video or a quiz, people prefer interactive content that allows them to connect with brands.
The best thing about it is that you don’t need to redo your existing content to leverage it.
Content as simple as an Instagram image can be made interactive easily, so that it provides value and makes a direct impact on your bottom line.
Given that interactive content engages users, it also has reusability value and high shareability. Because of this, brands can use it to yield valuable information from their audience.
Here are the latest interactive marketing statistics from content marketing experts.
Interactive content growth and usage
How fast is interactive content catching on among brands and marketers? Fast.
Here are some stats:
- 77% of marketers say that interactive content is highly reusable and leads to multiple exposures and increased visitors (Content Marketing Institute)
- 73% of the marketers agree that content marketing with interactive content enhances their message retention. (Content Marketing Institute)
- According to 45% of B2B buyers, interactive content is among their top 3 content types preferred for digital marketing. (SnapApp)
- 51% of B2B buyers say interactive content has helped them tackle business challenges and controversies. (SnapApp)
- Today, over 62% of B2B marketers are using interactive content marketing. (DemandGen)
- Interactive content is 2x more engaging for audiences than static content. (DemandGen)
- 34% of marketers say they use interactive content in at least 10% of their content marketing efforts. (DemandGen)
- Today, 53% of marketers are already using interactive content. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
- As most businesses are shifting towards interactive content marketing, 88% of marketers plan to turn 10% of their static content into interactive content in the next 2 years. (DemandGen)
- Combining interactive content with other content marketing tactics has helped 79% of marketers increase message retention. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 9 out of 10 marketers say that interactive content is better for consumer education and brand awareness than static content.
- Chatbots offer 24/7 interactive service with 64% instant responses and 55% answers to simple questions. They work intuitively like more intelligent humans
- Conversational marketing is in high demand as 82% want an “immediate” response with immediate content resources through a one-to-one connection for a real-time experience.
Quizzes, Polls, Calculators and Interactive Infographics
The most effective types of interactive content marketing for top of the funnel are quizzes, interactive infographics, contests, games, and tests or assessments. (Content Marketing Institute and Ion Interactive)
Here are some interactive marketing statistics that show what they offer to modern enterprises and entrepreneurs:
- Over 85% of marketers are currently using or planning to use infographics as part of their interactive content marketing strategy. (DemandGen)
- 96% of users who start BuzzFeed quizzes finish them, leaving valuable user data and insights behind. Also, the platform receives around 9 Billion content views every month. Let alone the popularity its quizzes get.
- Women.com has gained amazing engagement for online quizzes, being rated as the most engaged domain by network. They even beat out Buzzfeed in a landslide, who is best-known for their incredible quizzes. (Buzzsumo)
- One of the most shared quizzes online got 5.4 million interactions through social media channels in the past five years. (Buzzsumo)
- 75% of the marketers say that non-gated interactive content marketing results in a higher degree of lead nurturing. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 15% of consumers prefer to tap through Instagram Stories with quiz or poll features. Also, Instagram stories are the third most popular interactive story format. (HubSpot)
Interactive videos, voice shopping, real-time interactions, influencer marketing, AR, & VR
The following are some interactive marketing statistics on interactive videos, voice shopping, influencer marketing, and more.
- More than 62% of businesses and marketers are planning to include interactive videos in their next digital marketing strategy. (DemandGen)
- 43% of consumers prefer interactive videos over static videos. With interactive videos, they get to decide what they see and when. (MarketingCharts)
- Today, 38% of agencies help clients produce interactive webinars for consumers. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 45% of agency employees help brands with creating live experiences that involve virtual events, webinars, Quizzes, or Q&As. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Around 42.9 million people in the US use a VR product, while 68.7 million people use AR at least once a month. (eMarketer)
- In 2018, 88% of companies with budgets between $100M and $1B were already experimenting with various types of AR technologies. (Deloitte)
- One-fourth of global VR users believe that VR has a strong potential to work as a marketing strategy for brands and marketers. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 71% of consumers prefer to shop at stores with the help of AR, as it helps them make better decisions. (Lumus Vision)
- As the technology progresses more, VR and AR traffic will drastically increase globally by 2022. (Cisco)
- 88% of businesses say that interactive marketing content gives them an edge over their competitors.
- Voice shopping is expected to make up to $40 billion in 2022, hiking from $2 billion in 2021.
Shoppable content is beginning to carve its place in the ecommerce industry.
Creating interactive shoppable video content can drive conversions better than static content, as stats show that 67% of consumers make purchases after watching interactive video ads.
Here are some eye-opening interactive marketing statistics:
- Over 40% of marketers use shoppable videos, infographics, and animations. That number is projected to increase rapidly.
- 86% of buyers prefer visual, actionable, and interactive content.
- Research reveals that shoppable videos have a 16% average click-through rate.
- The engagement rate of shoppable videos is 2x times higher than with regular videos.
- Based on analysis and statistics, shoppable videos simplify the buying funnel by reducing the purchase process for customers. Also, it brings in uncapped ROIs, greater conversions, and performance insights.
- According to IAB research, advertisers are swiftly shifting to new ad tactics to drive conversions. Now, businesses and marketers are more likely to invest in interactive stories and shoppable ads.
Top 5 interactive marketing trends for 2021
Incorporating shoppable content in their digital marketing strategies has enabled online retailers to enhance the shopping experience in a way never before seen.
From ads to quizzes and games, there are several important trends to keep an eye on if you want to make the most of interactive content tools for marketing and sales.
Here are the leading trends to look out for:
- Artificial intelligence is going to be big for personalization.
- Chatbots are going to continue to become more sophisticated, creating an ever more interactive element to online communication with users and customers.
- Interactive content such as polls, games, and quizzes will become more common as brands see enhanced activity with interactive vs. static content.
- Social media platforms will continue to add new tools for brands who want to sell their products directly from their platform, such as shoppable images.
- Conversational marketing will become a huge marketing tool that defines how we interact with the digital world over the next decade.
Don’t ignore the trends
It’s time to enhance your content with interactivity.
Interactive content is a powerful tool for marketing professionals and brands looking for new, effective, and affordable ways to leverage existing content to increase ROI on their digital marketing expense.
The stay ahead of the game, you need to look at the patterns and trends that present themselves, and the stats don’t lie: interactive content is the next big thing.
Learn more about how you can make interactive content work for your brand and clients with Spott’s interactive content platform. Click here to start using Spott for free.