Medior Node.js backend engineer
Are you an experienced Node.js developer looking for a new challenge? Do you have a proactive mindset fit for an award-winning Belgian scale-up? We are looking for someone like you to join us on our adventure, developing and refining a rapidly growing software product.
As part of our team, you will be involved with the continuous development of our product, making sure the product meets all functional and nonfunctional requirements. To ensure that we thrive together, every decision you make will be with scalability in mind.
- You have a bachelor degree in IT or an equivalent professional experience
- You have a couple years of experience with object-oriented programming
- Strong background creating secure and testing RESTful APIs
- Relational databases and SQL has no secrets for you
- You are up to speed with the latest cloud developments, like serverless architecture
- You have experience with – Node.js, TypeScript, Java, Jenkins, Git, Linux. They don’t need you to be familiar with all of these technologies to start working with them. Great people learn what they us quickly (and introduce us to new technologies)
- You are a team player with a nice personality but you can also work independently and take matters into your own hands
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), Dutch is a plus
- You live in Belgium and have a work permit
Even better if you have
- Affinity with machine learning applications, like image classification, video scene clustering, and product re-identification
- Work experience with Front-end technologies such as Redux and ReactJS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience deploying a web infrastructure on Microsoft Azure (with tools like Jenkins)
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, NoSQL (like MongoDB)
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
What we offer
- Access to the technology of tomorrow; deep learning and AI platforms, in partnership with Microsoft Cognitive Services
- A space to work on innovative technology and solve challenging technical issues
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work from home
- An attractive salary with benefits
We are the only Belgian company listed on the World Disrupt 100. That is because we pride ourselves in being at the forefront of innovation, and we are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get there. We work as a team, supporting each other and building each other up as we go along. And we believe that there is no problem that cannot be solved through good communication and a collaborative mindset. If this resonates with you, apply today.
Join the Spott family. Contact Maryame via firstname.lastname@example.org.